But this will be my final reminder - for my knitting course in Hanmer from the 17-19th of May as the sign ups close this week!
So, it's now or never (well, till next time anyway!)
Course - Beginner Knitting – seamlessly and speedily. In this course Julia will introduce the basics of knitting in the round including:
- How to use circular needles
- How to read a pattern
- Knitting basics – knit, purl, increasing, casting on and off
- How to fix mistakes
- How to check gauge
- Useful links and resources
- How to wind yarn into a ball from a skein
- Julia will also give a demonstration of how to dye yarn yourself using things you have at home
- Students will be working through a pattern for a child’s garment written by Julia with the aim of completing it over the weekend.
Don't worry that you'll be bored if you know the basics, I have plenty of tricks up my sleeve to teach how to knit speedily. I'll also be teaching Continental knitting (which I have somehow omitted in my blurbs!), which is a different way of knitting for most people.
Sign up information is HERE. The cost for the course is $110.