1) I'm left-handed. I used to wonder if it was because when I was 18 months old I lost the tip of my little finger on my right hand in the hinge of a door and had my hand bandaged up for a while. But I think I was always meant to be a leftie. I was the only leftie in my family and I think I've always liked that I am a little different in a completely socially acceptable way!
2) I LOVE music. Love love love it. I feel happiest when the radio is playing and I am one of those annoying people that whistle everywhere, without realising I am doing it. I often hear myself whistling away at the supermarket to the music that plays through the speakers there and think that it must be really annoying. Then I'll refrain for a bit, until the next song comes on and most likely I'll just join in again without thinking. At home I think I sing (and dance, it's hilarious to watch I'm sure) along, whereas in public places that's probably a bit odd to walk up and down the aisles signing at the top of your lungs to some song on the radio. My FAVOURITE purchase last year was getting a radio/cd player finally put in the car. How I lived so long without music in the car I don't know, but now it's there I couldn't be without it.
3) I'm not a worrier. I don't lose sleep thinking about things. If I hear something that upsets me or I don't like, I generally try and do something about it. If I can't do anything about it, I'll be deeply saddened or frustrated, but not worried.
4) I think I have a little bit of an obsessive compulsive personality. I can never stop at just one. It's all or nothing. So I can either open that packet of biscuits and expect to have inhaled them all within an hour, or leave it there for a week. I can never buy one skein of yarn or have just one book from a series of books (I LOVE books)
5) I'm the middle child of 5, 4 girls and then one boy. I do find birth order theories and studies quite interesting. I like to think I can get on with pretty much anyone, though I'm not sure if that's to do with birth order or just who I am. And would you believe it, but although I grew up in Hastings, me and all my sisters have all made our homes in Wellington. It's brilliant. In fact it needs a blog post all of it's own one day...that's if anyone would find reading it remotely interesting!
I love this photo, I think we all look pretty good in it...oh how I wish I still looked remotely like this (that's me in the wedding dress...7 1/2 years and 3 kids ago)
And here's the 5 of us, lined up in birth order like my Dad's siblings do. I'm sure people feel sorry for my brother for being the only boy with 4 big sisters, but I think he loves it, really.
Ok - and now to choose a few people to blog too...hmmmm - who might actually do it and whose blogs do I love to read
Alison - Kiwi Crafty Chemist
Kate - Chevgirl
Justine - JustJussi
Viv - Highway Cottage