Monday, April 8, 2013

Winter is coming...

I love this.



I just saw this on a friend's Facebook page and I thought, it's so true.

In my own knitting circles, people are always keen to a knit night and a catch up - of course a bit of knitting takes place along with yarn sharing, pattern showing and general gossiping. But as the weather gets cooler, the leaves start to turn golden brown and the mornings start to feel chilly - the motivation also ramps up.

Me, I've been relatively motivated lately. I have two patterns to have to Hannah of Red Riding Hood Yarns for her yarn club in the next while (ha ha, I'm not going to say exactly when, I don't want to give away exactly which month I'm designing for!) but today I wrote up the beginning of another pattern, named it (yessss! Love that part) and I'm hoping to get this one up and ready for testing in the next couple of weeks. It's getting cooler, it's time to start knitting! And seriously knitting - not just procrastinating about getting my knitting out.

Hoping you find your knitting mojo too if it's been enjoying the summer (I wanted to type 'hibernating', but it seemed so wrong to use for waning motivation over the warmer months!)

xx

J

Ps - I've just joined Twitter too! You can find me there as 'justonewip'. I don't really know what I'm doing or saying there, but I'm sure I'll get the hang of it soon! I do so love all the knitting updates others post.


1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to your new patterns :)
    Sounds like you're on a "change in the weather" roll!

    ReplyDelete